[gothic-l] Re: Goths as more than barbarians

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Fri Nov 19 11:08:00 UTC 2004

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "gretchie77" <gretchie77 at y...> wrote:

> I am searching for reputable resources showing Goths as more than
> just a war loving culture...any suggestions..thanks! I do know they
> traveled with their families and loved their children, but cannot
> find the literature to back it up.

I think people of practically all cultures travel with their families
and love their children - so you probably don't need to back this up
with literature references. If you take any standard work on Gothic
history such as Peter Heather or Herwig Wolfram, you would find that
they were more than just single-mindedly looking for war. If you look
at books like Schaetze der Ostgoten, you can see many examples of
their refined artwork.

Cheers

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM