SV: [gothic-l]Hansa

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Mon Nov 22 08:21:31 UTC 2004

Dear Wilhelm,

it's OK, you didn't offend me. In fact I'm accustomed with people
misspelling my last name, since it contains an unusuall letter
combination.
In fact, I consider that nothing in the world is firmly established,
nothing is without any doubt. The etymology of Hansa shown by me and
others represents just the academic mainstream version, reflected in
all etymological and other dictionaries and encyclopaedias. But there
are many instances in the history of human knowledge when such well-
established, mainstream, academic points of view proved to be
incorrect. But to challenge such an well-established theory, accepted
by the majority of scholars in that field since it is well founded,
you need very strong arguments.

Best regards,
Francisc

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "WILHELM OTTO" <wilhelm.otto at s...>