[gothic-l] How do I pronounce my name?

chitsujo chitsujo at YAHOO.COM
Sat Oct 2 03:15:18 UTC 2004

My name is Alaric.  I was named after the Visigoth king from around
410AD, after my mom saw it in a list of names.  I am told that it
translates to english as "ruler over all" or "all-ruler".  I am
wondering if this is true, and also how my name would be said in
proper Gothic.  I have been pronouncing it "Ah-la-rick" and it just
struck me how odd it would be if it were meant to be something very
different.
If anyone knows the answers to these questions, or any interesting
information about Alaric the historical figure, I would really
appreciate knowing more.
Thanks.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM