[gothic-l] Re: Hairus in diminutive

John Stewart john.stewart at IUED.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE
Sat Oct 2 13:17:35 UTC 2004

In the 1980s I knew some German girls who had a sister named 'Michelle'.
Their nickname for her was 'Chellila'. Don't know if it was the -ila
diminutive in this case, or just a sing-songy invention of their own. (for
whatever that's worth)

John Stewart

Dr John Stewart, BA, MA
Institut für Übersetzen und Dolmetschen