[gothic-l] Re: Streitberg syntax + Online papers on Gothic syntax

llama_nom 600cell at FSMAIL.NET
Fri Oct 8 16:33:30 UTC 2004

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "llama_nom" <600cell at f...> wrote:

> --- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Tom De Herdt" <tom.deherdt at s...>
> wrote:
> > Good point. So it would be safe to post a copy of the actual
text,
> e.g. a
> > TEI edition; that would make it searchable too. It's a lot of
work
> though,
> > and e-text lacks the verifiability offered by a facsimile
> reproduction.
>

> Is there anything I could help with? (if you do decide to go ahead
> with this).  I don't know about the technology, I'm afraid, but
> maybe I could do a bit of typing or proofreading?
>
> Llama Nom

Just remembered the rest of the Elementarbuch is still just scanned
isn't it, so maybe not so urgent...  Meanwhile, here are links to
the two online papers I've seen on Gothic syntax:

Fuss, Eric: "On the Historical Core of V2 in English" (Gothic & Old
English syntax)
http://www.uni-frankfurt.de/fb10/fuss/HistV2.pdf

Ivanov, Vyacheslav V "Indo-European Syntactic Rules & Gothic
Morphology"
http://www.humnet.ucla.edu/pies/pdfs/IESV/1/WI_Gothic_syntax.pdf

Each deals with just one specific aspect, of course.  They both use
the Bible only, and don't discuss the Skeireins.

Llama Nom

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM