[gothic-l] Re: Ostrogothic coins pictures

yafet_rasnal at YAHOO.COM yafet_rasnal at YAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 1 00:23:22 UTC 2005

Hello Francisc, thank you very much for your research. i Would need
Cassiodorus, Variae I.X for a reference about the coinage. i will
check between the links you gave me.
So if swintha refers to strenght, what is the meaning of Mataswintha?
Can anybody tell me the gothic form of these names and, if it's not
too boring, also their meaning

Theodoricus
Athalaricus
Amalasuntha = Amalaswintha = the strenght of the amals
Eraricus
Matasuntha
Theodahatus
Witiges
Ildibaldus
Baduila
Totila = (if i remember well it's "the immortal")
Theia
Sorry for being so boring but i have no books to search on.
Thanx

Lorenzo

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Francisc Czobor" <fericzobor at y...>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/wWMplB/TM