[gothic-l] A new word

Fredrik gadrauhts at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 7 13:54:07 UTC 2005

Hi all!

I don't do much so i think about words in gothic which i cannot find
in any dicctionary. Now it's the gothic word for duck. I have
searched for it in all dicctionaries I know about on internet but
without finding any so i took the freedom to recreate it instead.
I wonder if you think this is ok or if not.

The word in swedish is 'and' (or in another form 'anka') and the
german is 'ente'. Acording to some books and dicctionaries (like
runeberg.org) this comes from *anuðiz.
I guess this would have been 'anuds' in gothic, and an i-stem.
The icelandic önd and the german ente is both feminine so  therefore
I guess the gothic word also is feminine.

Comments please!

/Fredrik

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/wWMplB/TM