About the origin of suffix os -question

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 7 09:56:25 UTC 2005

Dear Goce/Homer,

I sincerely would like to help you, supposed I'm able, but I didn't
understand what is actually your question. The fonts you used (Greek
fonts, I suppose?) didn't come up right, so the whole thing is not
intelligible.

Francisc

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "homermakedonski"
<homermakedonski at y...> wrote:
> Dear all
>  Please forgive my lingua.amateurism but I have nobody else to ask
> then you in here
>
> Searching the  gender changing problem with the nouns I have notice
> something like :
>
> GeA-fem.gender
> GheOS-masculine gender
> ------
> TheA- fem.gen
> TheOS -masc. gend
>
> When searching the origin of word Zeus I have read nice
explaination
> in   Henry George Liddel's and Robert Scott's ,Greek-Englesh
Lexicon
> sixth edition ,Oxford ,May I869
>

>  as  follow
>

> -" ....Äéüò-gen of Zåýò  from obsol . Äßs. [ ĭ ]
> *ÄÉ'Ó , an old nom .for Æåíò,wich appears in the oblique cases
Äéüò