[gothic-l] Pronunciation questions

Fredrik gadrauhts at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 8 12:31:50 UTC 2005

Hi all!

I'd like to know how words ending in -jus in singular would be in
plural.
Like waddjus. How to say walls?

Is there any rule when gg is pronounced as ng and when as gg?
Like siggwan, that is like singwan, right? But triggws like ggw?

Also wanna know if there's any evidence about letter x, how it should
be pronounced, or if not, what you think about it.
I've been told that it should be as k, but couldn't it be possible
that it was as a german ach-sound?

I have also thought about another thing. The letter w is sometimes
pronounced as y, and then, sometimes, it is written as y when using
roman letters. I think that is ok. But if that's so, why not write v
instead of b is those cases when the letter b was used for a v-sound?
E.g. naubaimbair is spelled with b, coz they had no v but when using
roman letters it could be written as nauvaimbair. Or what do you
think about that???

/Fredrik

http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/wWMplB/TM