[gothic-l] Gothic Gods

Le Bateman LeBateman at ATT.NET
Sat Mar 19 03:52:16 UTC 2005

  Would that be Tiwaz also Wodaniz, Frauja,  Fraujrs. Thauruz. I am not
certain there would be a Gothic source for Native names. Jordanes, used the
Roman names. Naurthais, Airmans, Aigars (Aegr) OE Eoger,  Iugairs Haulja,
Fraujrs. þunor,  Þaunurs
Wodanez, Tiwez,  Wuldor would probably be Uauldurs, The Anglo-Saxon name
equal to Ullr would be Wuldor, and the Gothic would be Uauldurs. Uauldurs is
as close I as I can think. Whether they actually had a deity by the name who
really knows.
Le

----- Original Message -----
From: "Seth Estlow" <hammerwolf777 at hotmail.com>
To: <gothic-l at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:57 PM
Subject: [gothic-l] Gothic Gods

I'm sure a few of you know of the Germanic pantheon. I am researching
the names of the gods in Gothic. If you know anything, let me know. I
know a lot of these are going to be reconstructions, but correct me
if I'm wrong: Wodans=Odin, Thunrs=Thor, Teiws=Tyr, Frauja Engus=Yngve-
Frey, Fraujo=Freya, Friddi=Frigg, Nairyus=Njord, Luka=Loki,
Austoro=Ostara, Albos=Elves (I know theyre not gods, but theyre on my
list) Sunna=Sunna, Baldrs=Balder, Wulthus=Ullr, Halja=Hel and
Mena=Mani. Feel free to correct this list and add to it.

You are a member of the Gothic-L list.  To unsubscribe, send a blank email
to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/wWMplB/TM