[gothic-l] Re: the word "the" (corrections to my last post)

llama_nom 600cell at OE.ECLIPSE.CO.UK
Thu May 12 23:25:19 UTC 2005

> 'weihis ahmins' "the gift of the
> Holy Spirit" (weak adjective with no article).

Pardon me: that should have said STRONG adjective with no definite
article.

> But in the Skeireins: þata raihtis anasiunjo wato, jah þana
> andaþahtan ahman "on the one hand, the visible water, and [on the
> other] the mentally-apprehensible spirit".  A contrast, but
preposed
> adjectives.

The nouns are different though, so it's not a contrast that relies
on the adjective.

LN

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/wWMplB/TM