[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Runes

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 31 08:35:02 UTC 2005

I also knew that the Goths used the elder Futhark, a script that was
common to all early Germanic tribes. Only in Scandinavia the elder
Futhark was later replaced by the younger futhark.
In any case, all runic inscription attributed to the Goths are, as
far as I know, in the elder Futhark.

Francisc

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "rhoomegaphi" <rhoomegaphi at y...>
wrote:
> Hi I haven't found a discussion here yet about the Gothic variety
of
> Runes. Is there an inscription somewhere that we could see how the
> Goths wrote?
>
> I have found at www.omniglot.com something interesting about Gothic
> Runes. Fraujo's Ahtu is the same as Freyja's Aett, and so is Teiws'
> Ahtu to Tyr's Aett. Hagls' Ahtu however varies.  Btw, I don't know
if
> it's accurate or correct to apply the same information to the
Gothic

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/wWMplB/TM