Name of the Goths

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 3 09:03:30 UTC 2006

This event of 7500 years ago was put in connection by some scientists
with the Biblical Deluge... But I agree that 7500 years is a much too
long time for an ethnic name to persist. At that time there were no
Goths yet, no Germanic people yet, even the Proto-Indo-European was
seemingly not yet established (if I remember correctly, the oldest
archeological remains of the Kurgan culture, that can be put
hypothetically in connection with the Proto-Indo-Europeans, are not
older than 6000 years; and the dispersion of the Indo-Europeans,
leading to the establishment of the several groups, including
Germanic, began somewhere about 5000-4500 years ago).

Francisc