Spam

Fredrik gadrauhts at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 14 13:44:04 UTC 2006

Today I think could also be 'himma daga'.
Good morning I usaly use godana maurgin (in analogy with german guten
morgen), but god maurgin could perhaps work too.
Tagl, I think mean hair. I don't know if it's all kinds of hair or just
body hair...i think i once read in the gothic bible that a guy hade
cloths of camel hair, and then the word tagl was used.
A word for tail could be made from the root sterta-
(http://runeberg.org/svetym/0961.html), but maybe this means butt
instead, i dunno.
Sail as noun is probably derived from pgmc segla- and in that case I'd
guess the gothic word would be sigls and the verb perhaps siglan or
smth like that.

Mail: I have no good suggestion myself, but take a look at this:
(http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=mail&searchmode=none)
"post, letters," c.1205, "a traveling bag," from O.Fr. male "wallet,
bag," from Frank. *malha, from P.Gmc. *malho- (cf. O.H.G.
malaha "wallet, bag," M.Du. male "bag"), from PIE *molko- "skin, bag."
Sense extension to "letters and parcels" (18c.) is via "bag full of
letter" (1654) or "person or vehicle who carries postal matter" (1654).
In 19c. England, mail was letters going abroad, while home dispatches
were post. Sense of "personal batch of letters" is from 1844,
originally Amer.Eng. Mailman is from 1881; mail-order is from 1875. The
verb is 1828, Amer.Eng. E-mail is from 1982, shortened from electronic
mail (1977); this led to the contemptuous application of snail mail
(1983) to the old system.

Pail: The same thing here, no good suggestion, but look here:
1392, from O.Fr. paielle "warming pan, liquid measure, bath," possibly
from L. patella "small pan, dish," dim. of patina "broad shallow pan."
O.E. had pægel "wine vessel," but etymology does not support a
connection. This word is possibly from M.L. pagella "a measure," from
L. pagella "column," dim. of pagina (see page (1)).