About vocative case

Fredrik gadrauhts at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 24 07:59:11 UTC 2006

Hi all!

What I heard vocative is not a common case in gothic, but does it
exsist in all genders etc?

What I was thinking about is when calling for a waiter, how to do
that.

If the word for waiter could be smth like skalks or and-bahts, I
don't know which word has the most similar meaning. But anyway.

I don't know what the vocative form is for masculine a-stems either
but maybe it is ending in -e?

So if that is so...I would say: skalke! or and-bahte!

What do you think about this???

And, (almost forgot it)...what is the female word for skalks? And
what is that in vocative?
There could be a waitress.

/Fredrik