Pietroasa (etymology +)

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 25 14:45:06 UTC 2006

Caucaland was not in the plain at Pietroasa, but in the Montes
Serorum: there took place the battle with the Huns. At Pietroasa
probably the Visigoths hid their treasure before hastily retreating
to Caucaland.

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Andrei Stirbu <andrei_stirbu at ...>
wrote:

> The placement of Caucocensii on contemporary historical maps is
aproximative. I see no reason for Goths to name the region highland
as long the region of Pietroasa is at the limit of the plain and
small hills, rather in the plain:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/3EuRwD/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM