introducing myself

Michael Erwin merwin at BTINTERNET.COM
Fri Jun 16 16:49:36 UTC 2006

Hails,

I'm Mike Erwin. In Gothic matters, I'm mostly interested in the
fourth century, including Gothic history, culture, and world-views.
So the historical and archaeological evidence is as important to me
as the purely linguistic. I'm particularly interested in the
interplay between Gothic identity, the Gothic language, and the
Chernyakhov culture, as well as the history of the war of 376, and
both pre-Christian and Christian religion. So to get at these
questions, I'm interested in population density, social structure,
farming seasons, settlement patterns, suggested Alanic, Dacian,
Slavic or other linguistic substrata, relationships between the
Gothic version and other (Greek, Vetus Latina, etc.) versions of the
bible, etc.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/gi.u7A/fOaOAA/Zx0JAA/wWMplB/TM