Poety to translate?

thiudans thiudans at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 20 20:06:35 UTC 2006

Koebler: "Schmetterling: germ. *fifaldæ-, *fifaldæn, *fifaldræ-,
*fifaldræn, germ., sw. F. (n):  nhd. Falter, Schmetterling  "

what appears as "æ" in this quotation above is supposed to be long o
(=ô).
A gothic version might be "fifaldo" or "fifaldro"

There are some grammatical errors. To begin, you would be 'thu', not
ju. Also, the verbs should coordinate with the subject.

Incidentally, it might be a good idea for those asking for
translations to attempt one first. The attempt as well as the ensuing
corrections and discussions would be very helpful for improving their
own understanding of the language.

Cheers,
Thiudans

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, OSCAR HERRERA <duke.co at ...> wrote:

> my version for butterflies are free---- ah wulthein malo, swaswe tho
windo ju reidan,fahana ju kunn ju ist,auk in sah allata ik tawei slaha
ist ju jah haldan ju frahunthans, malaim sind fries, ufkunn tho runs
fram wind,du fliug fairrapro,ni ewa du wisa hildun af diwaim
handaim,faur innana tho haldjandan tho ubil waurthano ist, faur wha
sind drauman hildun,auk ni ewa aflets fries...oscar