Poety to translate?

thiudans thiudans at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 22 16:16:43 UTC 2006

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Guenther Ramm <ualarauans at ...> wrote:

Hails!

Nice translation & alliteration!
No grammar comments now.
I like flower-fly, nice invention.
The first line has many syllables so I will offer a shorter one for
possibility of longer notes:

>   O *blomafliugo waliso, thuei windaleiko ufaro airthai nu rinnis

O *fifaldo waliso, (hwaiwa) theinamma winda-staigon galeiko

"how like that wind-road (you ride)". I thought riding is implicit in
"road" perhaps.

If Grail shall be a borrowing = Gradéls-. Else, the attested word
Stikls will do fine.

cheers,
The Moderator

> Hails, *Garazdans!
>   Would you mind another translation attempt? Not always a
word-for-word one, of cause, but instead I tried to "reconstruct" here
and there some of alliterative rhyme. All those clumsy "neologisms"
are mine (just slapdash invented and without any claim to get into the
waurdahuzd).
>   By the way, I would be very thankful for every hint about what
Gothic "butterfly" or rather "Grail" be like.

email to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.

>         Dvd region free   All regions dvd player

Service.