Aiwropais Ahvos jah Thiudos

Егоров Владимир vegorov at IPIRAN.RU
Thu May 25 05:22:25 UTC 2006

Sorry, Ualarauans, if I accidentally touched your feelings. I dare assure you I am neither self-hating nor nazi-loving, and the topic I am interesting in is rather Russian than Germanic. Anyhow, no offence was meant from my part. Excuse me once more.

Vladimir

-----Original Message-----
From: gothic-l at yahoogroups.com [mailto:gothic-l at yahoogroups.com]On
Behalf Of Guenther Ramm
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:18 PM
To: gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [gothic-l] Re: Aiwropais Ahvos jah Thiudos

I guess it doesn't take a genius "to clarify the matter". What so much more do you know, Vladimir, neither to respect an academic authority nor to heed a minimum etiquette in polemics? I was well aware of the existence of that kind of self-hating nazi-loving persons around Germanic topics, but I didn't expect to meet them here.

  Ualarauans

еЗПТПЧ чМБДЙНЙТ <vegorov at ipiran.ru> wrote:  Hi Ualarauans!

Long citations from Vasmer are hardly a best filling for the correspondence, especially if they do not clarify the matter. A lot of water has run away in Volga and Volkhov since Vasmer's times. No doubt, we know much more than Vasmer regarding the first millennium AD. I'd like to obtain some new evidences on the Germanic past of modern Northwest Russia and East Baltic region, if anybody has them.

Vladimir

P.S. Yes, same von Braun. Nazi? Maybe, but I gather not more than, for example, his Soviet colleague Korolyov was a communist. Both were first of all gifted engineers ready to tune themselves up in order to have possibility to busy with the favorite work.