Gothic symposium in Uppsala

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Wed Nov 8 21:56:14 UTC 2006

Hi everybody!

I just received the invitation below. I think it can become an
interesting day. I have already registered for participation.

Best
Ingemar

The Goths – A Common European Heritage
Symposium November 24, 2006, 13.00–17.00
Uppsala University, main building, lecture-hall IX

13.00–13.20	The Gothic Heritage – Towards A New Perspective.
Introduction by Anders Kaliff, Assistant Professor of Archaeology at
Uppsala University, Deputy Head of the Department of Archaeological
Excavations at the Swedish National Heritage Board

13.20–14.00	Current Aspects of the Gothic Historical and Cultural
Heritage in Bulgaria. Rossen Milev, Ph.D., Wulfila Foundation, Sofia,
President of BalkanMedia, Sofia

14.00–14.30	About a »Virtual« Letter-Symbol in the Gothic Alphabet.
Svetlana Lazarova, Editor, BalkanMedia, Sofia

14.30–15.00	Gothic and the Early Runic Language of Scandinavia. Hans
Frede Nielsen, Professor, Department of English, University of
Southern Denmark, Odense

15.00–15.30	Break for coffee or fresh air

15.30–16.00	The Origin of the Goths – Time for Reappraisal. Jan Paul
Strid, Professor, Department of Language and Culture, Linköping University

16.00–16.30	The Goths in Moesia – History and Cultural Heritage.
Valentin Hristov, M.D., Vice-President of BalkanMedia, Sofia

16.30–17.00	Questions, short discussion, conclusion

The Symposium is arranged by the Department of Archaeology and Ancient
History and Uppsala University Library. The Symposium is open to all
and is without charge. For more information: Senior Librarian Lars
Munkhammar, Uppsala University Library, phone: +46 18-471 39 30;
e-mail: Lars.Munkhammar at ub.uu.se