Contemporary language. [Database]

ualarauans ualarauans at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 17 06:53:37 UTC 2007

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Justïn <justinelf at ...> wrote:

> I am most incredibly impressed!  I would love to see regular posts
in
> Gothic, and to participate in such posts.  It seems in reading
> Bennett's texts and in observing grammatical/linguistic rules I
lack
> the ability to recreate them in composing my own, but am trying.
>
> I think it will be a few months yet before I'm comfortable sharing
my
> attempts at writing in Gothic with such well versed academic types.
> I'll be working up to it, but certainly this is a step towards
actual
> language revival.

The best way is to try and actually do it not fearing making
mistakes. There are always people around here who will aptly set you
straight :-) Seriously, we all make mistakes but if we will be too
shy to suggest anything we'll get no result at all. Just write
Gothic and have fun.

I think I'm not alone here who would like to thank you Justïn for co-
initiating the recent rise of activity on Gothic-L. It's long since
we had such a dense on-topic discussion which hopefully will result
in something tangible like a list of neologism. Maybe the spring
humor is working here too...

> What'll really help is when we're all raising our children to speak
> only Gothic as their first language (only joking, though that
would be
> an interesting upbringing to tell friends later!).

:-)

Ualarauans