Commissioning New List

Justïn justinelf at JUNO.COM
Mon Jun 4 20:13:29 UTC 2007

I'm not sure, did we finish the last list (Archeological
Termninology)?  If so, might I commission a household objects list?
Many of the words might already be extant, such as oven, bed, etc. but
we might as well flesh out a full list so we can publish them for
easy, public access.  Maybe we can asterix Wulfila words and leave
neologisms un-asterixed?  Either way.  Here are some (70 words) off
the top of my head-please help me by adding household words not
commissioned if you are able to think of any.  I think I used mostly
American terms, or so I tried.

Air Conditioning/Air Conditioner
Apartment/Flat
Armoire
Bathroom/Washroom/Restroom (?)
Bathtub
Bed
Bedroom
Bidet (Washroom sanitary device, look it up)
Birdbath
Blanket
Cabinet
Carpet
Ceiling
Chair
Closet
Comb
Computer
Cubbard
Cutlery/Silverware
Dental Floss
Desk
Dishwasher
Door
Doorknob
Dresser
Fan
Faucet
Fence
Fireplace
Floor
Hairbrush
Hairconditioner
Hairdryer
Heater
Internet
Jacuzzi
Lawn
Linoleum (Good luck with that one.)
Livingroom
Loveseat (Sofa of two sitting places?)
Nightstand (Bedside table)
Paint
Picture
Pictureframe
Pillow
Pool
Radiator
Radio
Recliner
Remote Control
Roof
Room
Rommate
Rug
Sofa/Couch/Davenport
Shampoo
Shower
Sink
Soap
Table
Tablecloth
Television/T.V.
Tile
Toilet/Bog
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Vacuum Cleaner/Hoover
Wall
Wardrobe
Window

The list could go on for ages...I actually rather feel we should
divide it up into sections and go into depth with different
categories.  For example, computer parts could be divided into
printer, keyboard, monitor...  Television into satelite, cable, T. V.
station/channel, series, episode, sitcom, cartoon, etc.  I've fleshed
out most furniture, rooms, etc.  The fun part will be making stickers
to put all over my flat to help me remember my vocab.  For those of
you with roommates, I don't recommend this.