Gothic/East Germanic words for Life Guard or Royal Guard?

Michael Erwin merwin at BTINTERNET.COM
Wed Mar 21 05:51:47 UTC 2007

For Theodoric:

Amory, p. 92

"The imperial palace soldiers, the scholarii, domestici and
silentarii, continued to exist. Procopius claims that Theodoric
reduced these regiments to ceremonial funcions, but he claims the
same, falsely, about the East at this period. ..."