Arain Christian influence on Islam

Baira baira_bear at YAHOO.COM
Fri Mar 30 11:07:21 UTC 2007

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Le Bateman" <LeBateman at ...> wrote:

>   Does anyone know if there was a strong Arian influence on Islam.
They both
> seemed to view Jesus as important, but not devine as the Orthodox
faith.
> Could Mohammed have known the followers of Ulfius.I probably have the
> Bishop's name spelled wrong.
> Le

It is very, very doubtful. Many historians of the Islamic religion
believe that Mohammad was personally acquainted with the Jewish
religion but not with the Christian one, which he knew just by
hearsay. If so, it was highly unlikely that he knew the beliefs of a
'heretical' sect.

In Islamic religion Jesus is a prophet, just like Moses and Abraham.
The greatest of the prophets before Mohammed, but a prophet, nothing
more and nothing less.

Besides, if you are not a Christian you will not only never accept the
divine nature of Jesus, but you will not even pose yourself the question.