A word idea

Fredrik gadrauhts at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 24 10:31:25 UTC 2007

Hi!

I wonder if anyone knows the origin of the ending in OE geolca/geoloca
(the origin of yolk)which is added to geolu = yellow.
If so, does gothic have any equivalent or could it be reconstructed?

Might this ending be cognate to the one in russian belki and ukrainan
bilok? These words mean protein and are made from bel- and bil- meaning
white.

Since dutch name protein eiwitten and german eiweiße a word made from
the word white + the ending in OE geolca could create a word meaning
egg white or protein. (OE hwítca?)

You see where this is going?
I'd like to find out a gothic word for protein made from this.

/Fredrik