Reiks at war

the_lothian the_lothian at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 7 20:24:52 UTC 2007

Greetings,

I am so glad I found this site.  I am in the process of writing a
historical novel set during the reign of Constantina I.  My goal is
to make it as historically accurate as  possible.  In line with that,
I know that the Goths had Reiks, which I think were similar to tribal
chiefs.  I know that when the Goths went to war the war-chiefs
carried the title of Draughtin.

My question is, did Draughtin replace Reik as the title or was it
added to the title?

In example:
Would Reik Larry become Draughtin Larry when they went to war, or
would he become Draughtin-Reik Larry, (like Governor-General) at war.

Is there anyone reading these who can help?

Thanks,

Tom