Principles of reconstruction.

Fredrik gadrauhts at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 8 12:03:24 UTC 2008

Is it cheating to use etymological dictionaries?

It helps alot if you know the word in other languages such as german
and scandinavian.

when you're done with those six you might try these swedish words
(some of them are probably attested so you can find em):
1. skjöld
2. örn
3. flyga
4. tugga
5. sätta
6. däggdjur
7. ost
8. hänga

i don't know if it's necessary to know what these words mean but
here's a translation of some:
4. = chew
6. = mammal
7. = cheese

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Justïn <justinelf at ...> wrote:

> Is number 2. not triu?

they have the same meaning but ain't cognates.
triu equals tree I guess (from oe treo/treow < pgmc trewam)

 I stumbled across it in the Wright link