Nahuatl translation

ualarauans ualarauans at YAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 13 00:44:22 UTC 2008

I am deeply impressed. So you are through with your Aztec torment,
unlike me. Everyone saying that Gothic is difficult should be
immediately reminded of the existence of Nahuatl.

A couple remarks. Ilnâmiqui is "to remember", right? Niquilnâmiqui –
þis (or þata) [ik] ga-man?

Iirc 'cân' can be both directional and stative. I mean weren't it
better to say 'þarei' with 'ainshun ni gaswiltiþ' and 'manna sigis
nimiþ'?

Is it the 'îchân tônatiuh', the place? An interesting parallel
between 'in yâômiqui' and einherjar...

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "llama_nom" <600cell at ...> wrote:

> [...]
> Meanwhile here's my woeful attempt at
> Nahuatl into Gothic.  It's one of the poems ascribed to
Nezahualcoyôtl.