SV: [gothic-l] Re: Is the ring of Pietroassa in Bucurest?

Lars Larsen lars.larsen at RING-DANES.DK
Sat May 10 08:02:35 UTC 2008

Yes, it is!

I went there Thursday at The National History Museum.
They have a treasure department with all the gold findings of Romania.

But unfortunately all that remains of the ring is two pieces of app. 10 cm
each.
Cut from the original ring with a simple cutting nipper.

Unfortunately it was not allowed to take photos - well its Romania - so the
guard wanted app. 20 Euro.

That was too much. I couldnt get a proper shot anyway, besides the runes are
not visible from the viewpoint of the visitor.

Some very thin tiny scratches pointing away from me could have be the runes
GUTANI WIHAILAG
They have not displayed the ring so you get a clear picture of where the
remaining parts were on the ring, so all together a bit disappointing.

Best
Lars