Duras of Dacia as Wodan (was: Exhibition on Vandals in Karlsruhe)

dciurchea dciurchea at YAHOO.COM
Sat Dec 5 14:10:50 UTC 2009

Arguments:
1. It is exceptional that a king leaves his throne to his brother(or whoever) and this matches the Eddas. It is the only case I know. Great priest was Vezina(Ve in Eddas).
2. King Duras was the most successful general of his time after defeating Fuscus (87AD). This explains why conquest of Dania was succesful and the fine Roman/Dacian objects from Ist century AD found in Denmark(Gundestrup Cauldron-with Cernunnos and the 2 suns of Apocalypse, woman of  Himlingøje with Dacian bracelets and same position -sleeping - as the wife of the 'Polus' king in Cluj, the chieftain’s grave from Hoby with artefacts from Ist century CE, Vendel Helmet as seen on Trajan's column ).
3. Seeking destiny (kharma) was a common decision for warriors (Darius, Alexander the Graeat, later "Chevalier sans peur et sans reproche" etc).
4. The war name: Duras, from duru=thunder, matches Thor.
5. The land of Odin: Valaskijalf=Wallachia, today Feleacu(from Valeacu=little valley, i.e. the valley of Somes=Samus, where later the 'Gepid' kingdom is located). This explains the interest of Norse gentry for the 'Gepid' kingdom.  Location of the kingdom: East of Tissa, North of Danube, i.e. Dacia. Note that in Nueremberg Chronicle, Wallachia stands for Dacia, while Tranylvania is something else.
6. Scythians, i.e. Siculi (Rom. Secui) is still a county(mostly a middle age fief) in Transylvania. There are stories for them using Runes in Middle Ages.
7. Name of the county, Siver Land: Rom. Argheal(root arg=silver)>>today Ardeal>>Hun. Erdely >>Lat. Transylvania. The root 'arg' is common to many toponimics around( Ariesh (Arghies) river, Aghiresh town, Argesh county) meaning mostly 'shining' (a shining river). It repeats with diminutives, similar to Sarmus, Sarmis (salted) for the geographical needs of the shepherds. Note here Sargìtza>Sargetia(the river where Decebalus hide his treasure).
8. The use of antlers( physically found in the Polus site, corresponding to the description of the underworld with Cernunnos AND Draco/Nidhog-see my previous post "historical Odin revisited")and serpent like bracelets. Sleeping position of the wife: wife was burried alive along with the huband, waiting him to resurect her in the other world. Note the antic writers mentioning Dacians(Gets) as believing in afterlife.
9. Use of the 'celtic cross' monogram.