Auhjodjus Þahainais

anheropl0x anheropl0x at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 31 19:50:55 UTC 2010

I went back over the first part about "so siuns" and decided to leave it as is. Because without the word order it should be "The vision was planted..." It's passive and puts vision in the nominative, and there is no cj. "that," so I don't see much need now. But it's still open to debate if someone can come up with more reason to change it.

Disskraiþ should be disskrait. I had been using the Verbix site and for whatever reason it's giving sv. I verbs whose roots end in -t an þ.

As for waurd in plural also having meaning of prophetic words, I distinctly remember finding, but now I can't find it anywhere. I'm rather disappointed in this. but the line, being such a mouthful anyway, I might remove the mention of the prophet from the English "translation," but that doesn't exactly do the song justice, does it?

I think I'll wait for someone else to come up with information on "galeiko," as the dictionary I use says: "(like, so, similar to) swe; (alike, similar to) ga-leiks +dat.; (akin) sama-kuns (i-stem); "of like mind" sama-frathjis, sama-saiwals, ga-qiss; "be of like mind" thata samo frathjan/hugjan; (in like manner, likewise, similarly) ga-leiko, ana-leiko, sama-leiko, thammuh samin haidau; (just like, just as, even as) swa-swe; "as...so" swe...swa; "like...so too" swe...jah, swe...swa jah, swe...swah."

So you are right about galeiks governing the dative, but it says nothing for galeiko, which in Wright's book mentions that galeiko is an "ablative of adjective[s] was often used adverbially." Then lists words: andaugjo, analeiko, galeiko, glaggwo, sinteino, sniumundo, sprauto, þiubjo, þridjo, etc. Then in the dictionary part I used, there's many instances of swa/swe, and it starts to get really confusing on what the differences are most of the time.