Tanaquisl, Valhalla and Valaskijalf in Dacia

Decebal-Radu C dciurchea at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 28 00:40:05 UTC 2011

Tanaquisl.Since this toponimic contains the root "quisl"-split, or confluence for rivers, in the frame of my "historical Odin as king Duras of Dacia(87 AD)" hypothesis, may I submit for comparison the Romanian root "sighet/siget"-confluence which alo enters "Sarmi-segetuza" attested by Dio Cassius and later sources.

The toponimic SIGHET/SIGET is conserved in many toponimics in Tranylvania, not found elsehere, see my previous posts:
"
We have today: Saliste,Sarata, Saratura, Saratel, Sarateni, Sarile,Sarmas (5), Sarmasel, Sarmasag. We have not found (yet) Sargetel and Sarmagel or Sarmagata (look atTrajan's Sargetia in Do Cassius). Therefore, Sarmis should be a small river, passing near a
salt deposit; Sargetia (sargâtza-in today Romanian), a small river near the citadel (where the treasure was hidden) may be found, but not a creek of 2 salted rivers.

Let us continue with the SIGET word. It denotes a confluence:

-Szeged in Hungary- confluence of Mures and Tisa
-Sighisoara (small confluence) Tarnava Mica and Shes
-Sighetu Marmatiei, Tisa and Iza
-Sighetu Silvaniei, (near Zalau) Crasna and Zalau
-Sighii (plural, called SIBIU on maps- an alteration of the original Romanian toponimic), many afluents of the Cibin River
"

Most likely "Tanas" refers to Timis/Timish, a river spilling in Muresh/Maris then into Tissa river in the town Szeged, now in Hungary and then into Danube and then into the Black Sea. So Asaland/Scythia should be Dacia and Vanaland the "Iaziges Sarmatians" mentioned by Dio Casius to have disputes with the Dacians. Note that Decebalus is also called by Jordanes as "Sarmatian"(in Roman History not Getica).

The mountains ranging from north east to south west (nr. 5 in Ynglinga) are the Carpathian range delimiting Transylvania in east and south (with today geography).

The root "Sarma", as a toponimic in north Tranylvania means 'salted'(salt="sare"); thus Sarmi-segetusa means the confluence of the two "Sarmis"/Sarmus/Samus rivers, i.e. around the Cluj-Napoca town, here the Walachian/Dacian/Gepidic/SARMATIAN  antic capital should
have been. Today we have the Felacu toponimic instead of Valeacu(little valley), because of one interpretation that this name should mean something in Hungarian.So here we have Odin's Valaskijalf.

The most likely feudal fief should be Doboka, therefore the name Dabala>>DE[ce]BAL[us] for the owner, which has the office of Sarmatian king.

Valhalla should be a salt mine, most likely the Turda Salt Mine(antic Potaissa) or Ocna Mures( antic Salinae)-now ruined, attested from Roman times, but actually much older.

The room of the salt mine may be very large and truly impressive even by today standards(try google with 'Turda Salt Mine'; e.g. http://www.untertage.com/cms/content/view/63/2/1/19/ ), so 500 'doors'/galleries or tubes/holes are not a large number and are easy to carve. The aseptic atmosphere and the salt itself may help in conserving dead bodies. The root "Valk" may be related tu Vulk (latin Vulcan) meaning MINING. The term "Vulcan" is also used by Dudo referring the Dacians.

The pile for the chieftains (at nr. 8 in YNGLINGA) is indeed archeologically found in the tumulus in Cucuteni-Baiceni site.

All famous antic helmets in the Romanian space have eyebrows, connecting with the gigantic posture of the king. It is notorious that Vendel helmets may be identified on the Trajan's column.

Identification of historical Odin with Duras of Dacia (87 AD) matches emperor Domitian titles of "Caesarus Augustus" among others.

Swegde's trip in Dacia (nr.15 in Ynglinga) should match the Vandal contribution to the marcomanic wars (168-173 AD), the beginning of Dacia's reconquista ended in 273 AD.

The gentry is called "Diar" in Ynginga, nr. 2. Actual name for current Wallachian gentry is spelled "BOIER" but most likely it means "VOIER", i.e. gentleman, from "allowing"= 'a da VOIE'.  The word "diar" is not used today but works as givers/allowers( "a da").