Selection of Sucessor High-Judge

Thomas Chelmowski the_lothian at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 26 02:50:37 UTC 2011

I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me.

I think I am right in stating that the Danubian Goths had no King.  They had instead a high-judge.

My guess is that this position was not hereditary, and when one judge stepped down or died, another was chosen.

My question is, can someone either tell me or direct me to some source, that would explain how were they chosen, and what was the process of selection and confirmation?

Thank you guys very much.

Tom