Selection of Sucessor High-Judge

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Tue Jul 26 15:29:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have treated the matter in my  book, The Well Spring of the Goths, iUniverse, Lincoln, Shanghai and N.Y. 2004. I have found that a kindins was taken from some few noble families and often was hereditary. Still they were formally elected by the council of reiks/kuningaz which the kindins headed performing the function of the earlier sacral king. Kindins  simply means kins leader, family leader, coordinator of the different kunjas/kins and mich be connected with the Nordic administrative system of family based "kinds". Hence he was no king but was restricted by the same rules as were valid for sacral kings.

Ingemar