Some Translation Help

anheropl0x anheropl0x at YAHOO.COM
Wed May 18 06:38:43 UTC 2011

Hails, Gaius!
I recently tried translating the word knight into Gothic. Hasn't gone over so well, but I have to say I'd like the word "aihwareis" or "reidands" as these are closer to what other Germanic languages called knights.

"Gadrauhts" exists for the word warrior/soldier, though.

Would the first statement be calling to the warriors and nobles? Like how one begins a letter with "Dear John,..."? Or is it simply saying "Brave warriors and renowned nobles!"
I guess what I should ask is: Is it meant to be vocative or nominative? Lol. It makes a world of difference in the translations.

The second phrase could be said as "Swa qaþ/qiþiþ Þiudareiks, gutane þiudans."