Hundreds of visigothic slate stones (whiteboards) in Western Castilla (Spain

ertydfh110 ertydfh110 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 11 21:27:01 UTC 2011

I didn´t know anything about this. It is interesting.

So as Ingemar says:

" The pattern on the Gotlandic stones more reminds of the
Celto-Roman stelae you showed in the first mail and who also are treated by Cumont. It shows rather on Celtic influence than Roman."

So, that makes me think about the celtic stelae found in visigothic locations in Spain. Maybe the celtic stelae culture was brought with the visigoths in places were the visigoths settled?. I mean, for example in the old remains that are close to the village were my ancestors are, there have been found celtic-stelae but also numerous visigothic slate stones. In the same remains. My initial hypothesis was that the old village was first build by celts (vetones) and then it was inhabited by visigoths some centuries later. With this information I can also think that it was just a visigothic village, and not a celtic one. The reason why I think now it is because the visigoths could have carried their burial ceremony rituals and art from the celts in their origin country (Sweden or Lithuania). So the stelae would be culturally celt in origin but used by visigoths.

For example this is a rare stelae found in that old celtic-visigothic
village:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/75048822.jpg/
At the top of it it looks like there is a celtic "triskel".

So, is there any burial art in Sweden that is completely Scandinavian (and not celtic)?. Do you have any images of it?.

Greetings,

BTW, does anybody knows what could be this stone with those 6 archs?:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/810/78214663.jpg/