On which base would you construct a word for raspberry?

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Tue Oct 18 15:39:45 UTC 2011

Then it seems obvious that the stem bher is in Gothic baira. Hence it is natural to write bairabasi and bairabasja. The more so since Gothic lies close to Northgermanic.

Best
Ingemar