Gothic Grammar Question

Grsartor at AOL.COM Grsartor at AOL.COM
Wed Feb 8 09:29:20 UTC 2012

Hailai,

the proposed "sinteino hrotheigs" conforms to "semper fidelis" in being
singular. But the Latin adjective could be either masculine or feminine, and
might refer to some collective word (I do not know whether that is the
intention). Likewise with the Gothic: is it the individual that shall be
triumphant (hrotheigs), a whole load of individuals (hrotheigai), or thiuda, the
nation (hrotheiga)?

Gerry T.