Negative Concord

kevin.behrens@rocketmail.com becareful_icanseeyourfuture at HOTMAIL.DE
Wed Jan 25 14:47:25 UTC 2012

German does have double negative. It's not that common in the standard language but almost all varieties of german know it. Actually it is more uncommon that languages like German handle it, that a double negation neutralize itself. It's rather a philosophical and logical dilemma we have in German.
A double negation is found on very many languages to emphasize an utterance.
Maybe the reason we have so little document on this is, that it was more a thing in familiar speech and Wulfila tried to force a literary language.