Conan

Abrigon abrigon at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 17 15:49:26 UTC 2012

The Celts stretched from Ireland to modern Turkey.. got pushed west it
seems by the Germanic and Slavic speakers.

Celtic is closer to the Latin and Hellenistic languages (Greek for
instance).. or just spent alot of time together.

Celts settled also in Spain and mingled with the local Iberians (Basque)
and Carthagenians (Phoenecians/Carthage). Later like those in Gaul were
taken over by Rome, then when Rome fell (western Empire) it was taken over
by Germanics, the Franks in France/Gaul and the Visigoths (western Goths)
in Spain..

Mike