In desperation to learn the language of the Gutons any suggestions?

Mike mremic01 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Feb 9 19:28:30 UTC 2013

David Salo's Gothic Lessons used to be the most layman-friendly introduction to the language, but his site has been down for some time. Lessons 1-8 have been compiled here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/32127826/Intruduction-to-Gothic. I think there are one or two more lessons way back in this list's archives.

W.H. Bennett's book, An Introduction to the Gothic Language, is a good beginner course as well. Some of the information may be of more interest to the academic crowd, but you can easily ignore that stuff and still learn the language.

Thomas Lambdin also has a book that is decent, but I don't like that there are no answer keys for the exercises.

Jospeph Wright's Gothic Grammar is the go-to grammar for most Gothic-learners, but it's more of a reference work than a course book. I really didn't find it useful until I had spent some time with other resources.