Galeiks/galeiko/swa/swe

OSCAR HERRE duke.co at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Sat Jul 6 01:54:33 UTC 2013

 my ten cents says that swa is just and swa swe is just as or just like as.....like and the way you are using mite be used like galeikada.......

--- On Fri, 7/5/13, anheropl0x <anheropl0x at gmail.com> wrote:

From: anheropl0x <anheropl0x at gmail.com>
Subject: [gothic-l] Galeiks/galeiko/swa/swe
To: gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, July 5, 2013, 8:06 PM

Hello! A real long time ago I translated the song Sounds of Silence into Gothic. But there has always been a line that plagued me, and it still does.

The line goes, "Silent like a cancer grows."

What I do not know is what word to use for "like" in this use. Is it an adverb? Maybe a kind of conjunction? Basically, for the translation, I have "THaihans ___ gundX aukith." I imagine "gunds" would stay in the nominative, but I really don't know.

But also, if you can choose which is the best to use, can you please tell me why? And when and how to know to properly use swe vs. swa vs. swe-swa and so on? Thank you so much!