Gothic thing

Tore Gannholm tore at GANNHOLM.ORG
Fri May 3 06:41:15 UTC 2013

The Gutes did not live in Scandinavia. They lived and still live on the island Gotland in the middle of the Baltic Sea.
They concluded a trade and peace agreement with the immigrant Svear (Heruls) on the Scandinavian peninslula about 550 CE
The Gutna Allthingi is very old.

Tore

3 maj 2013 kl. 00:11 skrev nodead4:

> Sai! My wife and me are writting a novel (half fiction) about IV century goths. Our question is how would be the name of the best known common germanic "thing" as the gathering of the kunja. If there was a "Thing of all gutes" in Scandinavia, such similar name does exist in gothic language?
>
> thagks ana framgahts :)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: