Gothic thing = ga-qumths

faltin2001 d.faltin at HISPEED.CH
Sun May 26 15:58:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

the Gothic word "waihts" as somebody suggested means thing, object and probably demon. It corresponds to Old High German "wiht" also meaning thing, object and demon. Compare also to Old High German "nio-wiht" meaning no-thing.

Modern German Ge-wicht and der Wicht are still used today.

The Gothic word for assembly "ga-qumths"  derived from "qiman" meaning "to come".

Cheers
Dirk