Gothic thing

faltin2001 d.faltin at HISPEED.CH
Mon May 27 19:35:20 UTC 2013

Its gaqiman = to assmple, to come together (modern German gekommen) which leads to gaqumths = the assmply, the coming together  as in old High German ge-cumpft and modern German (zusammen-kunft).

Further possibilities for Gothic gathering might be:

*mahals

*thingus (I guess)

*samanqumths    (modern German zusammenkunft)

But I cannot see how one could arrive at gaquinta.

Cheers
Dirk (which is Thiudareiks in Gothic)