Scanian Law, paragraph 1

Weidemyr Basti setiez@yahoo.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at YAHOOGROUPS.COM
Tue Aug 5 18:02:59 UTC 2014

I wonder if know enough of the languages involved to make an interlinear translation of some of the Scanian Landship law from the 13th century. Please find so many errors in this first paragraph that I give up this stupid project and you will have saved me a lot of time! :D

B76:
Far man kunu oc dör han för en hun far barn oc sigher hun oc hænnæ frændær at hun ær mæth barnæ tha skal hun sittæ j eghen bægiæ thera uskifti tiuku uku oc til se mæth sinæ wæriande ær hun ej mæth barne oc ær thær gothæ quinnæ witni til tha skiftæs eghn theræ hus oc bolfæ oc köpæ iorth annær iorth gangæ til rættæ aruæ.

En:
Should a man get a wife and should he die before she give birth, and says she and her friends that she is pregnant, she shall posses the estate of them both, unpartitioned to week 20 and look after [it] with her guardians. Is she not pregnant and are righteous women witnesses to [that], then their estate is partitioned — house, property and tradable land. Other land goes to [the] right heir.

Gutisk:
N𐌹𐌼𐌰𐌹 𐌼𐌰𐌽𐌽𐌰 𐌵𐌹𐌽𐍉𐌽 𐌾𐌰𐌷 𐌳𐌹𐍅𐌰𐌹 𐍆𐌰𐌿𐍂𐌸𐌹𐍃 𐍃𐌹 𐌱𐌰𐍂𐌽 𐌲𐌰𐌱𐌰𐌹𐍂𐌰𐌹, 𐌾𐌰𐌷 𐌵𐌹𐌸𐌰𐌹𐌽𐌰 𐍃𐌹 𐌾𐌰𐌷 𐍆𐍂𐌹𐌾𐍉𐌽𐌳𐍃 𐌹𐌶𐍉𐍃 𐌸𐌰𐍄𐌴𐌹 𐌹𐌽𐌺𐌹𐌻𐌸𐍉 𐌹𐍃𐍄, 𐌸𐌰𐌽 𐍃𐌺𐌿𐌻𐌹 𐌲𐌰𐍃𐌹𐍄𐌰𐌽 𐌹𐌽 𐌲𐌰𐍂𐌳𐌹𐌽𐌰 𐌱𐌰𐌹𐌼 𐌹𐌶𐌴 𐌿𐌽𐌲𐌰𐌳𐌰𐌹𐌻𐌾𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌰𐌿 𐍄𐍅𐌰𐌹𐍄𐌹𐌲𐌾𐌿𐍃 𐍃𐌰𐌱𐌱𐌰𐍄𐌰𐌿𐍃 𐌾𐌰𐌷 𐌰𐍄𐍃𐌰𐌹𐍈𐌰𐌹 𐌼𐌹𐌸 𐌽𐌹𐌸𐌾𐌰𐌼 𐌹𐌶𐍉𐍃 • 𐌹𐌸 𐌽𐌹 𐌹𐌽𐌺𐌹𐌻𐌸𐍉 𐌹𐍃𐍄 𐌾𐌰𐌷 𐌹𐌸 𐌵𐌹𐌽𐍉𐌽𐍃 𐌲𐍉𐌸𐌰𐌽𐍃 𐍅𐌴𐌹𐍄𐍅𐍉𐌳𐌲𐌰𐌹𐌽𐌰 𐌸𐍉 𐌸𐌰𐌽
 𐌲𐌰𐌳𐌰𐌹𐌻𐌾𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌰𐌿 𐌲𐌰𐍂𐌳𐌹𐌽 𐌹𐌶𐌴 — 𐍂𐌰𐌶𐌽 𐌾𐌰𐌷 𐍆𐌰𐌹𐌷𐌿 𐌾𐌰𐌷 𐌺𐌰𐌿𐍀𐌰𐌺𐍂𐌰𐌽𐍃 • 𐌰𐌽𐌸𐌰𐍂 𐌰𐌺𐍂𐌰𐌽𐍃 𐌲𐌰𐌲𐌲𐌰𐌹𐌽𐌰 𐌳𐌿 𐍂𐌰𐌹𐌷𐍄𐌾𐌰𐌼𐌼𐌰 𐌰𐍂𐌱𐌾𐌰 •

Maybe there is a more natural way to express something?

Blessings
Basti