News website in Gothic, it's here

roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at YAHOOGROUPS.COM
Mon Aug 18 15:46:33 UTC 2014

Thanks Dirk! It's a news site so new news will be written there, if you want to read more news in Gothic you can follow the newsblog. I also thought that this was a good idea because this really gives us a good reason to learn Gothic, since this enables us to use Gothic not only to read medieval texts but also to use it for our modern time. When I have time today I will write some new articles. Of course a news site usually has more writers so if there are people with a good enough knowledge of the Gothic language and translate 1 article for me as a test, I can say if you can join me, this might make the news website bigger. at Oscar     The news articles are direct translations of existing ones. It might be a good idea to add links to the translated news articles so that people can compare them if they don't understand them completely.I have choosen to not use the Gothic unicode because not everyone can read it and because it makes writing the articles a lot harder for me, besides all modern books (20th century) about Gothic use the Latin transcription. Roel