News website in Gothic, it's here

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at YAHOOGROUPS.COM
Tue Aug 26 18:05:11 UTC 2014

Thanks Dirk,

Although my knowledge of Gothic is well it takes me a lot of time to write
the articles. A short article of a few sentences takes me about 30 minutes
because I need to look for alternatives if a word doesn't exist yet and if
nobody else has come up with an alternative yet and although I can decline
Gothic nouns well and I have built a declination-tool myself, I still have
to look up all the stems in order to give a good text according to the
Gothic grammar.

Also, the word order of Gothic was most likely similar to Old English,
modern German and Dutch, that is why I prefer Dutch articles as I 'm Dutch
myself and they are the easiest for me to translate, but also because the
word order can be taken over mostly and the website which I use, www.nu.nl
has very short news articles which are perfect for the purpose of this news
website. I have also looked for short news articles in English and German,
but it's very difficult for me to find them and as translating long
articles can take 1 or 2 hours I prefer to use short articles, but as I
said it's very difficult to find them.

Roel