News website in Gothic, it's here

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at YAHOOGROUPS.COM
Thu Aug 28 00:28:23 UTC 2014

Hello Marja, Dirk,

Marja, I 'm currently having problems with thinking of neologisms. As the
people which I contacted and asked for help with Gothic are either not very
active or simply don't respond, I need to figure out a lot myself and I had
a problem with international. A nation can be translated in Gothic as
'reiki'. The word 'land' is used to refer to a territory and it's position
while 'reiki' is used for a political entity, a place which is ruled by a
gouvernment, so a state or a nation. Nation however could also be used in
the sense of a certain population, Italians, Spanish people, so then
'thiudi' would appropriate. The word 'between' however doesn't have any
special meaning in Gothic. The dictionaries which I use tell me that in a
case in the Gothic Bible where the word 'between' was used, Wulfila used an
alternative which was 'mith', instead of a word which looked for example
like 'betweox' in Old English (is betweox correct? I started learning Old
English a few days ago). I thus need to use either a modern word in
combination with an old Gothic word, so that I get 'interreiks',
'interthiudi' or 'interland', or I should use the Gothic way: 'mithreikja',
'miththiudái' (I don't know the declination of thiudi by heart) or
'mithlanda', this however sounds strange to me. I can always edit the news
articles so if you have any good alternative for international in Gothic,
share it and I will add it.